Sunday Doubles at Cedar Hill
How it works
Saanich Tennis Club Indoor Sunday Doubles at Cedar Hill Recreation Centre is for both men
and women players with a 3.0 to 4.0 NTRP* rating. We will do our best to ensure you will be
playing matches at your playing level, but please note that you will be playing a variety of
opponents each week. The organizers reserve the right to limit your play if it is not at the
appropriate level. Also play will be limited if bad behavior is exhibited.
Please ensure your e-mail subject line includes “Indoor Sunday Doubles” and the date you want
to play and also that you have read and understand all the information outlined below including
the new protocols.
The fall Indoor Sunday Doubles will start on Oct. 18 th and end December 13 th .
The STC has booked, and paid for, all four Cedar Hill courts on Sundays from 9:30 to 11:30 am.
Cost: $16.50 for the two-hour session (includes court rental and new balls) to be collected at the
beginning of play on each Sunday.
- Enter through the side door near Patio entrance (marked) near court 1.
- Exit through the curtains at court 4 and through the main door.
- Payment to be made at entrance, please have exact change
- Hand washing/sanitizing station is available inside entrance door
- Wash hands (or use sanitizing gel) before and after facility use.
- Maintain a 2m social distance from each other where possible.
- Proceed to your first assigned court, this will be designated area for your tennis equipment and coat which should be placed on your bag.
- On the changeover please take your water bottle and sanitizer with you to other courts.
- Sharing balls is okay if everyone agrees. If you wish to use your own balls please, bring clearly marked balls that are for your use only.
- Do not touch balls from other courts, kick back or use your racquet.
- Session will end at 11:25 so you have time to gather your equipment and leave the courts.
How do I join?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com (please ensure ’Sunday Doubles’
appears in the subject line) and request to be put on the list and include available dates if known.
Due to the popularity of this activity we are limiting the number of participants to 30. If you
wish you can put your name down as a spare.
How to I know if I am playing?
An e-mail will be sent out each Tuesday evening prior, to confirm that you are scheduled to play
that week. If there are more than 16 participants available a draw will be held to determine who
plays. Those who were available and did not get a chance to play will be guaranteed to play the
If you are unable to play for any reason and especially if you don’t feel well on the date you are
scheduled, please e-mail the organizer immediately as well as connecting with someone on the
spare list to check their availability. Make sure you copy the organizers on any correspondence,
so they are kept in the loop.
Let us know if you have questions/comments. We are looking forward to some great games!
See you on the courts!
Contact: Janet Martin