The regular 2019 Lessons Program under coach Jared Martin will commence May 30th. Online registration for the regular program will open on April 23. If you have any questions please contact Eric Holden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group A: Level 2.0 – 3.0 players: Saturday, 9:00-10.30 am (see session dates below).
Group B: Level 3.5 – 4.0 players: Thursday, 6:30-8:00 pm (session dates below).
Group C: Level 4.0 – 5.0 players: Thursday, 5:00-6:30 pm (session dates below).
Group A: Level 2.0 – 3.0: Saturday, 9:00-10.30 am:
Session 1: June 1, 8, 15, 22.
Session 2: July 6, 20, 27, Aug 3.
Session 3: Aug 10, 17, 24, 31.
Group B (level 3.5-4.0) from 6:30-8:00pm and Group C (level 4.0-5.0) from 5.00-6.30pm, Thursday
Session 1: May 30, June 6, 13, 27.
Session 2: July 4, 18, 25, Aug 1.
Session 3: Aug 8, 15, 22, 29.
Early Season Super Sessions are scheduled for Group B (10:30 am to noon) and Group C (9:00 to 10:30 am) on Saturday, April 27, 2019. Contact Eric Holden if you have any questions. Further information and registration details to be announced soon. Don’t miss this early season opportunity!
Coach: Jared Martin
About Lessons for Group A, level 2.0-3.0 players:
Lessons will be tailored to the group’s learning needs – from stroke improvements to strategies and building on the fundamentals of good tennis. There will be a lot of ball hitting with partners throughout the drills and lessons (i.e. no standing in line time). Jared will provide individual instruction while drills are conducted. His view is that good technique relates to good play. While there will be some competitive elements to the lessons, the lessons and drills will be all about improving and fun, too!
Each lesson will have a theme:
Up to 8 participants.
Coach: Jared Martin
About Lessons for both Group B (level 3.5-4.0) and Group C (level 4.0-5.0) players:
These sessions are geared for advanced (3.5 and above) level players and will involve a lot of ball hitting in the form of drills with Jared, providing coaching tips to each person throughout the session.
Each lesson will have a theme which we will work with 2 to 4 drills:
Up to 8 participants.
Lesson/Session Duration: 1.5 hours
Where: Saanich Tennis Club
Number of Participants per Session: 8 (a minimum of 6 participants is required)
- STC members: $60 per each Session of 4 lessons (i.e. 6 hours of lessons)
- Non-STC members:$75 per each Session of 4 lessons (i.e. 6 hours of lessons); STC members have priority up to 7 days before the first scheduled lesson
- Payment by cheque made payable to Saanich Tennis Club. Cheque to be delivered to our teaching pro Jared Martin at the first lesson in the Session.
How do I join?
Complete the online registration form for the appropriate skill level Group:
- Lessons 2.0-3.0 online registration.
- Lessons 3.5-4.0 online registration.
- Lessons 4.0-5.0 online registration.
Questions? Please send a message to Eric Holden at email@example.com.
Skill Level Evaluation
About Jared Martin:
The Saanich Tennis Club is extremely fortunate to have Jared leading our tennis lessons program. Jared is a leading professional tennis coach in Victoria with the following certifications:
- Tennis Canada Club Professional 2 Coach
- GPTCA International Tennis Coach Level A
- WTCA Baseline Certification
- Certified Tennis Canada Wheelchair Tennis Coach
- Babolat Tour Team Member
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What if I’m injured, sick or on vacation for one of the sessions?
- Tennis coaching sessions are non-refundable–pre-paid in 4-week blocks.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to make arrangements for a spare / replacement player, including the coverage of the cost for that session
- Organizers may provide a waiting list of participants who may be able to substitute in for a specific session.
2. What if the weather or other unforeseen event cancels the session for the whole group?
Cancelled sessions will be rescheduled to a later date set aside as a “rain out day” which generally will be on the same day of the week and time of day as the cancelled lesson.
3. Do all participants have to be a member of STC?
Prioritization is for STC club members up to 7 days prior to the first scheduled lesson. In the event that there are available spaces after members have been notified, a participant who is not a STC member may be registered but an additional guest fee will apply.
4. How can I become a spare for people who cannot make it to all of their sessions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and your availability to participate as a spare.