Thanks to everyone who came out to support the tournament, enjoy the BBQ and participate in the Special General Meeting this past week. Jim and his helpers put on a fantastic Club Tournament and Fran hosted a great BBQ – thanks!!!
The big news from the Special General Meeting is that there was a unanimous vote to approve the Executive’s recommendation to complete full court repairs and resurfacing by RADA Resurfacing in 2017. We believe this will help pave the way (pardon the pun) for the near-term and provide us with more time to work through our long-term planning. We will now forward an official request to Saanich Parks for a cost-matching approach to this work. Thanks to Yutaka and Bill B who were instrumental in bringing the details together for this decision!
Other highlights from the Special General Meeting include:
- A new Wednesday morning ladies group has been added to the weekly schedule. To join in, please see our website for more information.
- Thanks to Yutaka for replacing the net on court 2!
- Stay tuned for more tennis lessons from Neil and newly-added coach Joao Pereira. Details will be posted on our website and emailed out
- Also stay tuned for the STC Fitness classes which we hope to restart in the near future
- Due to unforeseen reasons, I regretfully will be stepping down as President at the next AGM in 2017 but will continue to be actively involved in the role as Past-President. This has been a very enjoyable experience for me and I’m fortunate to have worked with so many volunteers along the way! If you are interested in learning more about the role of the President, or would like to be nominated, please contact Rich, Jane or any of our Executive members!
Once approved, the minutes from the Special General Meeting will be posted on our website.
Thanks once again everyone!