Adult lessons begin the week of May 19th. Online registration opens Sunday May 1st at 5PM.
Please contact Anna Cox at activities-director@
Group A: Level 3.0 – 3.5 players: Saturday, 9:00-10.30 am (see session dates below).
Group B: Level 3.5 – 4.0 players: Thursday, 6:30-8:00 pm (see session dates below).
Group C: Level 4.0 – 5.0 players: Thursday, 5:00-6:30 pm (see session dates below).
Levels are strictly enforced to ensure the best possible experience for all participants. Please see our skill level evaluation policy below.
Group A: Level 3.0 – 3.5: Saturday, 9:00-10.30 am:
Session 1: May 21, 28, June 4, 11
Session 2: June 18, 25, July 2, 9
(A break between sessions for the club tournament)
Session 3: July 30, Aug 6, 13, and 20
Group B (level 3.5-4.0) from 6:30-8:00pm and Group C (level 4.0-5.0) from 5.00-6.30pm on Thursday:
Session 1: May 19, 26, June 2, 9
Session 2: June 16, 23, 30, July 7
Session 3: July 14, 28, Aug 4, 11 (no lesson July 21st for the club tournament)
Coach: Jared Martin
About Lessons for Group A, level 3.0-3.5 players:
These sessions are geared for intermediate level players. Lessons will be tailored to the group’s learning needs – from stroke improvements to strategies and building on the fundamentals of good tennis. There will be a lot of ball hitting with partners throughout the drills and lessons (i.e. no standing in line time). Jared will provide individual instruction while drills are conducted. His view is that good technique relates to good play. While there will be some competitive elements to the lessons, the lessons and drills will be all about improving and fun, too!
Each lesson will have a theme:
Up to 8 participants.
Coach: Jared Martin
About Lessons for both Group B (level 3.5-4.0) and Group C (level 4.0-5.0) players:
These sessions are geared for advanced (3.5 and above) level players and will involve a lot of ball hitting in the form of drills, with Jared providing coaching tips to each person throughout the session.
Each lesson will have a theme which we will work with 2 to 4 drills:
Up to 8 participants.
Number of lessons per session: 4
Lesson Duration: 1.5 hours
Location: Saanich Tennis Club
Number of Participants per Session: 8 (a minimum of 6 participants is required for each session to run)
Cost per Session of 4 lessons (ie. 6 hours):
STC members: $72
How do I join?
Please register online on Sunday May 1st at 5PM.
Questions? Please send a message to Anna Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skill Level Evaluation:
About Jared Martin:
The Saanich Tennis Club is extremely fortunate to have Jared leading our tennis lessons program. Jared is a leading professional tennis coach in Victoria with the following certifications:
- Tennis Canada Club Professional 2 Coach
- GPTCA International Tennis Coach Level A
- WTCA Baseline Certification
- Certified Tennis Canada Wheelchair Tennis Coach
- Certified Performance Coach
- Babolat Tour Team Member
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What if I’m injured, sick or on vacation for one of the sessions?
- Tennis coaching sessions are non-refundable–pre-paid in 4-week blocks.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to make arrangements for an appropriate sub, including the coverage of the cost for that lesson
- Organizers may provide a waiting list of participants who may be available to substitute in for a specific session. If there is a waiting list, the participant should make a reasonable attempt to contact this list first.
2. What if the weather or other unforeseen event cancels a lesson for the whole group?
Cancelled lessons will be rescheduled to a later date set aside as a “rain out day” which generally will be on the same day of the week and time of day as the cancelled lesson.
3. Do all participants have to be a member of STC?
No, but STC members will receive priority. If you are not a member and are interested, please contact email@example.com. Interested non-members will be contacted if a spot is available 1 week prior to the session start.
4. How can I become a spare for people who cannot make it to all of their sessions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and your availability to participate as a spare.